In November, the National Association of Realtors (NAR), released the home buyer and seller profiles report for 2019. Here are some key findings from this year’s survey.
- 89% of buyers purchased their home through a real estate agent.
- 52% of buyers said that having an agent help them find the right home was what they wanted most when choosing an agent.
- 90% of buyers would use their agent again or recommend them.
- 87% of buyers said their agent was a very useful information source.
- The typical home search took 10 weeks.
Buying a home is a major financial decision that can give you peace of mind and a great place to live. A good real estate agent will help you find just the right home for you. They will be your advocate, advisor, and guide throughout the home buying process.
- 89% of sellers sold their home through a real estate agent.
- FSBOs sold for much less than homes sold with an agent. The median selling price for FSBO homes was $200,000 and the median selling price for agent-assisted homes was $280,000.
- The typical seller lived in the home for 10 years.
If you want to sell your home for the highest competitive price in the least amount of time, you’ll want to choose the right real estate agent. A good real estate agent will guide you through the home selling process with confidence and ease.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home on Sanibel or Captiva, contact Phaidra McDermott today. She’s happy to share her local knowledge and island real estate expertise with you.