You can start your Sanibel Island home search online, but you’ll never be able to replace a real estate agent’s guidance, insight, and local knowledge. Did you know that 87% of buyers used a real estate agent in 2018? This number has been increasing since 2001 when it was 69%. Here are some great reasons to use an agent when you buy your next home.
1. An agent provides expertise. They save you valuable time and effort. The home buying process involves lots of paperwork. A real estate agent is familiar with forms, offers, counteroffers, disclosures, addendums, and amendments.
2. They supercharge your searching power. An agent has access to listings you may not be able to find online. They will find homes that are the best fit for your needs, your lifestyle, and your budget. A realtor knows the ins and outs of the local area and the price ranges for each neighborhood.
3. A realtor helps keep you relaxed and calm. Buying a home is one of the biggest purchases of your life, and a good real estate agent will be able to calm your nerves during the process. They will handle all communications and paperwork to give you peace of mind. Also, they can help you avoid costly mistakes and delays.
4. A real estate agent negotiates on your behalf. If you have questions or concerns about a home before you submit an offer, your agent will communicate with the seller. They will negotiate repairs, credits, and sales price. You’ll get a competitive market analysis for homes currently on the market and properties that have recently sold.
5. They have all kinds of connections. A local realtor can connect you with mortgage lenders, home inspectors, and many other professionals you need.
If you’re planning to buy a home on Sanibel & Captiva, contact Phaidra McDermott.